Hearts of Iron IV
Hearts of Iron IV (or HOI4) is an upcoming grand strategy game by Paradox Interactive and the sequel to Hearts of Iron III. It covers the time period from 1936 to 1948, focusing on the build up to the Second World War and the war itself.
Hearts of Iron IV was announced on the Paradox Forums on the 23rd of January 2014. As of October 2015, the developers were seeking new beta testers for the closed beta.
It is to be released at some point in 2016.
- Total strategic war
- The war is not only won on land, on the seas and in the air, but also in the laboratories, the factories, the backrooms, in international trade and in the hearts and minds of men and women.
- The most authentic real-time simulation of the war
- Let the greatest commanders of WW2 fight your war with the tools of the time; tanks, planes, ships, guns and newly discovered weapons of mass destruction.
- Fight as any nation in the greatest human conflict of all time
- Choose from the greatest powers striving for victory, or the small nations trying to weather the storm.
The game is being developed by a core team of six, augmented by drop-in support from the rest of Paradox Development Studios.
- Podcat (lead/design/programming)
- Darkrenown (script/research/design)
- TomaszKowalczyk (programmer)
- Guraan (programmer)
- Sideburnout (2D art)
- larre (3D art/map)